Darktrace, a global leader in cyber security AI, has launched Darktrace PREVENT/OT, a product designed to help identify pathways that cyber attackers may use to disrupt the operations of critical infrastructure. The solution uses AI to “think like an attacker” and visualise pathways within information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT), allowing defenders to harden systems and stay ahead of the adversary.
“We are thrilled to have closed our largest deal to date with a major critical infrastructure organization,” said Darktrace CEO Poppy Gustafsson. “Critical infrastructure is a top target for the world’s most sophisticated and well-resourced cyber-attackers. Now with our PREVENT/OT product, defenders can prioritize and test the routes adversaries might take to get to the ‘crown jewels’.”
The company has signed several new deals with critical infrastructure organizations across the world in the past three months, including new customers, renewals, and expanded contracts within the critical infrastructure industry. The deals include a major provider of critical infrastructure services, a leading power transmission company, an energy supplier, a not-for-profit electric power supplier, a global chemicals company, and a major provider of crude oil and natural gas listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The deals include, among others:
- A major provider of critical infrastructure services which has signed a multi-million-dollar, multi-year deal with Darktrace in Q2 of fiscal year 2023 – the single largest deal signed by the business to date
- A leading power transmission company with a majority stake in its National Power Grid
- An energy supplier with over 500 gas stations
- A not-for-profit electric power supplier with over 150,000 member-owned accounts
- A global chemicals company operating across 20+ countries
- A major provider of crude oil and natural gas listed on the NYSE
“The attacks against critical infrastructure have increased in both frequency and sophistication,” said Tony Jarvis, Director of Enterprise Security, APJ, Darktrace. “Governments worldwide responded with legislation that increased the onus on organisations in this space to ensure adequate protection for both their service delivery and sensitive customer data.”
Darktrace PREVENT/OT is part of the Darktrace/OT product family and provides complex industrial environments with protection against known and unknown attacks using self-learning AI. The company currently defends customers across all 16 critical infrastructure sectors designated by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in the US.